Directions & Dickey Smoking Time Recommendations
The Dickey Smoker's Preferred Smoke Times:
Smoke Time Meat
45 min Steak
1.5+ hrs Chicken, Pork
45 min Fish
2+ hrs Ribs
1.5+ hrs Wild Game
1.5+ hrs Beef Tender/Thicker cuts
Any amount of smoke you want makes a huge difference in the flavor!
How to Use your Dickey Smoker®: "Load it, Light it, Leave it"
The Grill is NOT on!! You are cold smoking, before you cook it.
1) Fill the Dickey Smoker up all the way with the natural wood Dickey Loads™ ( If you don't fill it up, make sure the loads are packed near the opening and place the Dickey Smoker on its side, horizontally. It works fine that way.)
2) Push FireBug, round side down into the loads. Sprinkle some loads around, leaving top of bug exposed. Light the bug with dickey torch. When the bug is lit, it will have a candle like flame. Let burn for 10 minutes.
3) Place the lit Dickey Smoker on the grill vertically. While it is getting lit for the 10 minutes, go in prep your food.
4) Place meat or vegetables on the smoke rack or grill grates. Blow out the flame on the Dickey Smoker, and close the lid. Now you are Dickey Smoking, infusing your food with an awesome smoke flavor for as little as 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, to taste. We suggest 1.15 hours for red meat, and 2 hours for white meats for optimal smoky flavor.
5) Remove the meat, season as you see fit, fire up the grill, and cook normal. You will find that less seasoning is required when using the Dickey Smoker. You can leave the Dickey Smoker on the grates while grilling; it will continue to infuse a delicious flavor.
Enjoy!! We know you’ll love it as much as we do.